Oxley Kids offers education and care for children from 18 weeks to 13 years of age, through our long day, sessional and outside school hours care programs.
The Centre operates from 6:30am to 6:30pm, Monday to Friday and is closed on Public Holidays. The centre will be closed between Christmas and New Year.
Early childhood is a vital period in children’s learning and development. It is a time of rapid growth and change. As children participate in everyday life, they develop interests and construct their own identities and understanding of the world.
Children do this through:
- Belonging: Children need to know where and to whom they belong. Relationships are encouraged and developed as they are crucial to building a sense of belonging.
- Being: Early childhood is about ‘the here and now’ and not solely preparation for the future. It is about maintaining relationships, enjoying life and meeting the challenges children face now.
- Becoming: Children are encouraged to become successful learners and confident, creative and active participants as they are shaped by experiences in this time of rapid change.
At Oxley Kids, we provide a safe, happy, caring and stimulating environment where children can increase independence, and develop positive attitudes toward others and learning in general.
Children are encouraged to:
- have a strong sense of identity; growing in confidence in themselves and their abilities.
- be connected with and contribute to their world; experiencing respectful, responsive relationships strengthens children’s interests and skills in being active contributors.
- have a strong sense of wellbeing; providing children with confidence and maximising their learning potential.
- be confident and involved learners; developing aspects such as curiosity, persistence and creativity enables children to participate in and gain from learning.
- be effective communicators; literacy and numeracy capabilities are important aspects of communication and are vital for successful learning across the curriculum.